Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm gonna be skinny whether I like it or not!

So Connor has been doing much better since I cut out dairy and soy, but still not great.  He's still very gassy and has a painful, upset tummy a lot.

We've started a new, stronger (and more expensive) medicine for his acid reflux, and I'm cutting more out of my diet to try and help him.  I've cut out the top 8 allergens, plus corn, and (hopefully) once he improves I'll reintroduce foods and see how they affect him.  That means I'm not eating dairy, soy, egg, peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish, wheat, or corn.  I'm eating mainly meat, veggies, and fruit right now.  I only cut out the other 7 things yesterday, so I haven't noticed a difference yet, but I'm really hoping it starts working soon.

My hope is that I'll be able to figure out what triggers a reaction, and once we get his issues under control, and hopefully reduce or eliminate his medication.

Good news: he's growing like crazy, and is almost 11 pounds now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.