Sunday, July 4, 2010

Turkey Meatballs

I originally made this dish with penne pasta and a homemade sauce that didn't turn out so great, so I'm going to hold off on posting a sauce recipe until I find one I like.  I used Barilla pasta (picture below), and they also make a line of whole wheat pastas.  I can have beef, but I like turkey better and it's healthier, so I used that instead.  Any of my recipes that involve ground turkey can easily be made with ground beef as well.
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • a pinch of:
    • Rosemary
    • Oregano
    • Basil
    • Salt
    • Pepper
  • Olive Oil
Directions:
  1. Mix everything, minus olive oil, in medium bowl 
  2. Roll into balls using palms (whatever size you like)
  3. In large frying pan, heat just enough olive oil to coat the bottom
  4. Cook meatballs over medium heat.  For larger ones, turn to low and cover to make sure they cook all the way through
These are super fast, easy, and if you have the meat, the rest you can pull from your fridge or spice cabinet.  I've also formed them into patties to make some delicious turkey burgers.  If you're cooking on the grill, just eliminate the olive oil, but make sure to use some sort of cooking spray so they don't stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.