Monday, July 5, 2010

Garlic Chicken "Pizza"

So, this isn't real pizza because there's no cheese, and I've never been big on tomato sauce (I think there's always too much on pizza), so I omitted that, too.  This was something I threw together real quick for lunch, and it turned out ok.

Ingredients:

  • Bake-at-home pizza crust
  • Grilled chicken, shredded (half of a large breast)
  • 1 garlic clove, sliced very thin
  • Olive oil
  • Various spices (I used rosemary, basil, seasoned salt, onion powder)
Directions: 
(these are based off of the cooking directions for the pizza crust, and revised)
  1. Heat oven to 450*
  2. Brush crust with olive oil
  3. Top with chicken and garlic
  4. Add pinches of spices
  5. Lower oven temp to 425*
  6. Bake on cookie sheet on middle rack for 10 minutes
This turned out pretty good.  You can use whatever you want on top, I was trying to find a way to use the grilled chicken I had leftover from yesterday's lunch.  You can also dip it in marinara sauce if you want, and of course, if you can have cheese, go ahead and throw that on top.  I should really start taking pictures of stuff before I eat it...  I'll try and remember for next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.