Saturday, August 21, 2010

CPR Class

So today I got certified in CPR, child/infant CPR, AED, and First Aid.  This certification usually happens in several classes spanning a few weeks.  We did it all in one shot: a Saturday class from 8:30 am to 6 pm.  I've been wanting to take infant and child CPR since I found out I was pregnant, and just got around to it.

Since Bryan is working and I'm breastfeeding, I have the genius idea to just take C with me!  He's a super awesome baby, no problem bringing him along right?

....... yeah........

The first half of the day, C was AWESOME.  He just hung out, slept a little (ok, 30 mins, which doesn't really count as a nap, but I'll take it), and hardly cried.  Everyone commented on how chill he was, and how he was such a great baby.  Then, the afternoon came.

No naps, being in a strange place, no beds, etc. led to a grumpy, grumpy baby in the afternoon.  I checked with the teachers beforehand about bringing him and they said as long as I was ok with it, so they were extremely understanding, and I did whatever hands-on stuff I could do, but most of the afternoon was spent standing, walking, bouncing, rocking, and shushing C.  Not to mention the MASSIVE amounts of spit up that happened all day, soaking through two bibs (and when I say soaking, these bibs could've been wrung out, it was insane) and an outfit.

The good news is, even though I was standing most of the time and bouncing and trying to fill in the little circles all at once, I was still the first one done on the tests and got 100% on both of them.  I feel so nerdy and special!!  The bad news is, my body HURTS.  It's 8:30 pm, C is asleep (thank goodness), I'm eating and I will be in bed very, very soon.

A long, exhausting day, but now I can save people :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.