Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

I love my slow cooker; it makes it super easy to cook, and if C is being fussy I don't have to jump up to get something out of the oven at a certain time.  Flexibility is awesome.

Ingredients:

  • 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salsa (I'm a wimp so I use mild, but you can choose whatever heat level you like)
  • 1 can whole kernel corn (with liquid)
  • 1 can black beans (with liquid)
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
Directions:
  • Put chicken in bottom of crock pot
  • Cover with salsa
  • Pour in corn and beans, along with liquid
  • Make sure everything is covered with salsa/liquid
  • Cook for 4 hours on high, 6-8 on low
I served it over rice, or you can shred the chicken and make tacos.  It's also really good with cheese, but I have to refrain :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.