Friday, September 17, 2010

Pot Roast

I made this pot roast in my slow cooker (of course), and it was delicious.  I made a lot so it lasted Bryan and I a few meals, but it would serve 4-6 people I think.  A lot of people brown the meat before putting it in, and that adds nice color, but it was delicious even skipping this step.  Also, I have a large Crock Pot (9 quarts, I believe) that I used; you can halve the recipe for the smaller, standard-sized ones.

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs pot roast (Mine was actually two 1-lb portions)
  • 4 large or 8 small potatoes
  • 1 large bag baby carrots
  • beef broth (I had one box)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 yellow onion, minced
  • 2 tbsp dry rosemary
  • 1 tbsp dry basil
  • seasoned salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • water
Directions:
  • Put meat in bottom of Crock Pot
  • Top with garlic, onion, potatoes, carrots,and spices
  • Pour beef broth over top, and add water until everything is submerged
  • Cook on high 6-7 hours, or on low all day
You can really add whatever you want or have on hand to this recipe.  Celery, turnips, etc. would work, but we like potatoes and carrots best.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your baby's food sensitivities. We are BFing and dairy free - so I feel your pain. I feel very lucky that we don't have to be soy free, b/c everything has soy in it. I love finding blogs about the trials of being dairy free. One of the first blogs I read was MSPI mama http://mspimama.blogspot.com/ This was the start of my dairy free recipe journey. I will keep your blog as another source of recipes to follow.

    I am a fellow bumpie and clicked on your blog link (lesalia217). Best of luck in your mama/BFing/food sensitivity journey!

    http://www.boilermakerfamilyt.blogspot.com/
    is my blog. I haven't posted recipe in awhile, but I do try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.