Sunday, February 19, 2012

Update and Family Pictures!

Wow, I can't believe M is already over six weeks old!  The hubs has gone back to work (happy for him, sad for me) and I'm adjusting to being on my own at home with both kids.  It's not always easy, especially when a certain toddler thinks he doesn't need naps anymore, but so far it hasn't been too stressful **knock on wood**.  I'm sure I'll have some hard days, but thankfully I have a couple of pretty awesome kids :)



M is a wonderful, easy baby.  She has acid reflux, but thankfully I caught it before it got too severe, and she's on medication to try and keep it at bay.  Her spitting up and fussiness isn't anywhere close to how bad C was, but it still makes me really sad to see her in pain, and I want the meds to work to prevent any damage to her esophagus.  She seems to be improving already, which is a HUGE relief.

Speaking of huge, she is quite a big girl!  At 5 weeks old she weighed 12 lbs 6 oz (off the charts for weight!).  We went back exactly a week later to get her reflux checked out, and she was 13 lbs 4 oz.  That's 2 ounces a day!!  The pediatrician says she's perfect and healthy and not to worry about weight gain because since she's exclusively breastfed she will gain at just the right rate for her.  She has a small umbilical hernia so her belly button looks a little funny, but it's not painful at all and the doctor said it should close on its own in time.  Overall, she's just perfect.  She has big gorgeous cheeks and long, dark eyelashes and perfect little lips.  C looks a lot like me, and M is a little copy of her daddy, except with my coloring.  It's so neat!

A couple weeks ago we got family pictures taken by Brittany Bleak from Studio Imprints.  She did an amazing job and I am so excited to see our pics!!  We went to Springs Preserve here in Vegas and managed to get some gorgeous shots with pretty backgrounds, even in the winter.  You want to see some?  Well, ok.  If you insist:







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.