Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sauteed Squash

This is a great snack or side dish.  I use half a squash for a small meal for myself, and it would probably be enough for 2-3 servings as a side dish.

Ingredients:

  • Squash of your choice (I prefer butternut)
  • Olive Oil
  • Seasoned Salt
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Pepper
Directions:
  1. Peel squash with a carrot/potato peeler (If you're using something like a spaghetti squash where this is difficult, skip this step)
  2. Cut squash into roughly-same-sized cubes (you can cut off skin if you skipped step 1)
  3. Put in just enough oil to coat the pan, and add squash and seasonings (you can change seasonings depending on what you have and what you like)
  4. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until squash is soft all the way through and is just beginning to look translucent.  If you have bigger pieces that aren't cooking well, turn the heat down to medium-low and cover the squash to let them steam a little.  
  5. Serve and enjoy!
This is fairly quick and very delicious and filling.  I've made the squash savory, but I'm considering trying a sweet squash in the future (saute with some margarine, add vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar?).  If I try it and it turns out, I'll post the recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.