Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Spaghetti... Squash

Pasta is one of my favorite foods EVER.  Unfortunately, it's no longer a part of my diet, and rice pasta is $$$.  Now that it's fall, squash is all over the produce section.  So I thought about making spaghetti, with spaghetti squash!

Ingredients: 

  • Spaghetti Squash (half a squash was a large serving for me, so a whole one would probably serve 2)
  • Pasta Sauce (I just used jarred marinara, you can use whatever you like)
Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 400* 
  2. Cut squash into quarters, once across the middle, then split in half
  3. Use a spoon to clean out seeds and "guts"
  4. Put quarters flesh up on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 mins to an hour
  5. Meanwhile, heat up marinara sauce
  6. When the squash is done, use a fork to shred flesh and make "noodles"
  7. Toss in sauce and serve
This turned out really good, and it's super easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.