Monday, September 24, 2012

S'Mores Cupcakes... kinda

I've felt like baking lately.  I thought the idea of a s'mores cupcake sounded amazing, so I mixed and matched a few different ideas I found on Pinterest.  Verdict?  Semi-fail.  I thought I'd use this chocolate cupcake recipe, add marshmallows like this for a marshmallow center, and use this stablilized whipped cream recipe (with graham cracker crumbs added) for the frosting.

I didn't take any pictures right out of the oven, but it wasn't pretty.  I overfilled the liners so there was cupcake everywhere and then the marshmallow centers that had puffed up so nicely during baking collapsed so they were all sunken in and complete disasters.  It was ugly.  But, also yummy!  The graham cracker whipped cream frosting was amazingly delicious.  AMAZING, I tell you!  I wanted to just lick it out of the bowl.  Then... I tried to pipe it on the cupcakes to camouflage the ugly, but apparently my piping tips were too small and that didn't work out too well either.  So, they're ugly.  Really ugly.  But also so, so yummy!  I guess I'll just need to keep practicing until I can get them right :)


Oh, and in case you're wondering, I used the whipped cream recipe and once it was whipped I added a cup of graham cracker crumbs (about 8 full crackers run through my food processor) and mixed until it was just combined.  YUM!  I'm not a fan of cream cheese frostings, so I'm excited to try all different variations of this recipe.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.