Monday, June 27, 2011

13 weeks, 2 days

I went to see my midwife today, and I got to hear my little firecracker's heartbeat!  It was nice and strong in the 160's.  That has to be one of the best sounds in the entire world.

A few weeks back I went to the hospital because I got a stomach bug and wasn't keeping anything down.   I was concerned about dehydration, so I went as a precaution and got some IV fluids, and some wonderful nausea medication called Zofran, who is now one of my best friends.  While there they did an ultrasound to check on Firecracker.  The ultrasound tech was most definitely an ER tech and not an OB tech; she was there to do her job, get her measurements, and be done.  I got to see Firecracker kick (thank goodness I have some idea of what I was looking at, lol), but there was no pointing out which end was which, and when she took the heartbeat measurement she didn't even turn on the sound so we could hear it!  Anyway, my point is, it was so amazing to hear that little heartbeat going strong today, and I called hubby (he was at work) so he could hear it over the phone.  He said, "it sounds like another boy!".

We have been having a rough week with C.  He is working on his molars, and they are evil, let me tell you.  This poor kid's gums are so swollen and hot and tender that he screams in pain when I touch them to put some Orajel on.  I can't wait until this is over.

You might be wondering why I don't have any pictures of C lately.  Well, someone has our good camera right now (they're borrowing it for a safari vacation, yay them!), and when I try and take pictures with my phone they come out all blurry because he won't sit still long enough!!  Any photos I get are him asleep, or me being sneaky.  Here are a couple of our most recent ones:

He is trying to make a copy of my shoe.



Sweet, sleepy boy <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.