Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1 Year!! (well, 3 weeks late...)

I can't believe my little baby is a year old!  It's gone by so quickly!  We've had a lot of stuff going on, so here we go:

The last week of April/first week of May, we were moving into our house.  I had about 3 weeks to get unpacked and the house in order before C's birthday party, and I juuust barely pulled it off.  The house is awesome; plenty of room for C to run around and explore (and make messes), and I even have a sewing room!  MUCH easier to do projects when I have space to do them, and then I can just close the door to keep all of the sharp, pointy things away from curious little hands.

Party update and pictures after the break!




So we had a great time at C's birthday party.  We had a lot of friends and family show up, everyone got to see our new house, visit, etc.  The party was at 6 pm on a Friday night so we BBQed and had a ton of food, and hardly anybody ate!  We still have a ton of uncooked hot dogs and buns, and we had to throw out a ton of baked beans, pasta salad, dips, etc. because there were just too many leftovers and there was no way we were going to eat them all.  Anyway, here are some party pics:
 







Lots of fun, lots of presents, lots of friends.  I made some allergy free chocolate cupcakes from The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook  (actually, come to think of it, I was running around like a crazy person all day so my mother in law made the cupcakes) and C got his birthday cupcake, which he LOVED!  He went absolutely crazy for it, which made some great pictures! 





At the end of opening presents, we had one more surprise for everyone.  Hubby and I got C a shirt that said "Only Child" on the front and the back said...

That's right!  I'm cooking #2 :)  My due date is 12/31/2011, New Year's Eve!  What makes it even more special is it's my mom's birthday!  We are so excited and can't wait for this little dumpling to arrive.  Anyway, there you are; we moved, had a big party, and a pregnancy announcement right on top of each other!  

Happy summer everybody, I'm excited to start hanging out at the pool with my little man and soaking up some sun and water!  Turns out that C LOVES watermelon and pretty much all fruit, so our summer diet is going to be awesome!  I'm hoping that I'll have some more recipes and sewing projects to post now that life is settling down a little bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.