Saturday, August 28, 2010

Quick, delicious grilled chicken

We eat a LOT of chicken around here.  I'm not a huge red meat fan, and chicken is fast, easy, and diverse.  I tried this last night, just throwing things together from my spice cabinet, and it turned out really yummy.  Even better?  It's super fast and something you can throw together in a few minutes.

Ingredients:

  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (medium sized)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic (I used the pre-cut jarred garlic)
  • 1 tsp rosemary 
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp season salt (I know this sounds like a lot, and you can use less, but I like salt and it wasn't too overpowering for the dish)
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar (or whatever you have on hand; it just adds a little depth to the flavor)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • *you don't need to be exact with measurements, and you can add or subtract different spices according to your preferences
  • **I use all dry spices

Directions:
  • Put everything but chicken into quart sized freezer bag
  • Cut chicken into 1" strips, trimming fat, and put in the bag
  • Seal bag and mash around to thoroughly coat chicken
  • Grill (I just used my countertop electric grill) on med-high heat until chicken is cooked through.
Another note: I was making some acorn squash to go along with this chicken, so I put the chicken in the marinade in the fridge until just before it was time to eat.  You can make this a day or a few hours ahead and just toss on the grill when you're ready to go, since it only takes a couple minutes to cook through.    

You can have it plain, depending on your diet restrictions you can put it in a tortilla with some veggies and have a wrap, put it on a sandwich, make tacos, whatever.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.