Saturday, August 28, 2010

Garlic Chicken Flavored Couscous

So couscous is diverse, super easy to make, and takes almost no time at all.  I got a box of plain original couscous (10 oz.) and added some of my favorite flavors.

Ingredients:

  • 1 box plain couscous (I use the Near East brand)- 10 oz.
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic (from a jar, of course)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp onion powder
Directions:
  • In small saucepan over med-high heat, lightly brown garlic (if using fresh garlic, use olive oil- the jar has plenty of liquid to avoid burning)
  • Once garlic is fragrant, add chicken stock, salt, olive oil, and onion powder
  • When liquid comes just to a boil, stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat
  • Let stand for 5 minutes and fluff with fork before serving
This makes about 5 servings; since I don't have many options as far as snacking goes, I like to make extra so I can pop something in the microwave for a quick meal.  This would go really well with the chicken recipe I posted yesterday!  

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.