Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving is in a week...

and I have no idea what we're doing.  We don't have plans, we'll just have to see what happens or what invites come our way.  I'm sure we'll have a wonderful day no matter what :)  I just wanted to take a minute to think about things I'm thankful for.


  • First, for my wonderful husband.  He works so hard and I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with our child(ren).  Sometimes he drives me crazy, but my annoyances are truly minor and all in all he's just a really awesome guy.
  • For my healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy.  As uncomfortable as I am and as much as I whine, I have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy this time around.  Yes, my ribs are on fire the majority of the time and some days I can barely walk (from time to time I'm trapped on the couch, even) because my pelvis is all out of whack and crazy, but I've had no bleeding, no bed rest, no cause for concern.  Little Miss is measuring perfectly on track at every prenatal appointment and has a good, strong heartbeat.  My "issues" are just my own discomfort, no health concerns or anything "wrong" with either of us, which is a huge blessing.  Here's a bump pic, 33 weeks and 3 days along: 


  • For my sweet, amazing, crazy, exhausting, super awesome toddler.  C is seriously so great.  Sometimes I want to pull my hair out or just sit and cry (those are the days when he doesn't nap, lol), but most of the time he is so much fun.  He cracks me up on a daily basis and is such a ham!  This is what happens when he sees himself on the screen of my phone:

  • Quiet time.  I don't get much quiet time, but I cherish it when it rolls around.  While I *should* use it to clean or be productive,  most of the time I'm either sleeping next to C or zoning out in front of the tv or computer to give my brain a break.  Sometimes I just sit and stare at my boy while he sleeps because I just can't get my head around the fact that I made something so amazing.  I mean, look at this sweetness:

  • I'm thankful for chocolate.  Chocolate is sometimes the only thing holding me together at the end of a long, frustrating day.  Tonight I made these amazing cookies that I stumbled across on the blog Made.  Holy cow, these are soooo delicious!    I'll be whipping up a bigger batch for a cookie exchange party I'm going to on Saturday, tonight was just a test run.  I'm really glad I tested :D
What are you thankful for?





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.