Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mommy brain

It's real, I swear.  In the 10 1/2 months that C has been alive, I don't think I've been on time to a single thing.  No matter how much extra time I give myself to get ready, there's always something.  C wants to nurse while I'm trying to straighten my hair, he falls and bonks his head while I'm putting on makeup, he needs a new diaper while I'm trying to pack the diaper bag, etc.

Half the time I'll be on my way, with my hand on the doorknob, totally on time, and realize I forgot to put wipes in the diaper bag, or we can't find a binky, or C finds something to spill on himself, warranting the need for an outfit change.

Then, inevitably, we get in the car or to our destination and SOMETHING was forgotten.  Or I have to turn around 3 times to run back in the house to grab something.  Sigh.

So yes, everyone, mommy brain does exist.  And if I ever make plans with you, expect me to be at least 30 minutes late.

Picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear what you have to say.